Wednesday, April 21, 2010

okay...

Everything is happening a lot faster than I had expected. But in good ways.

Caleb and I have been submitting ourselves more and more to God, which is only making us more aware of how well he actually takes care of us. Over the past two months we have been going to church in Columbia, which has been a major blessing. Our church is very missional focused and community oriented and we've already been thrown into fellowship, service, confession and worship. It has been wonderful. It's been a long time since I've really been mentored and challenged and I believe Caleb feels the same way. I know that God is using this time to train us up for his use, in whatever the future is going to hold for us, and I'm excited and willing to follow this path wherever it is taking us.

Which aparently is to Columbia (for now). Caleb has 1-2 years left of school in Moberly, which he is committed to finishing. We had already planned/thought of staying in Columbia to pay off student loans and figure out what was next for us. Columbia is affordable, has more job oppertunities, close to friends, drivable distance of Caleb's family and familiar enough for mine (Phoenix is out of our budget and far from his family). We assumed a move would be in order when he graduated. But then we found our church, Karis, and our hearts have been growing heavy with a longing to be invested in the church and the community it was serving and reaching. Some friends of ours are moving from Moberly to Columbia for the same reason and we thought that maybe after or during this next school year, we could move too.

Walmart for the past month and a half has cut my hours so that each pay check is $100 less than usual ($200 less a month). My job at the historical society has become extra spending money, considering I may only work there for 8hrs out of the entire month, and Caleb's job at the bookstore pays for our groceries and some small expenses. I tried applying for full-time jobs in Moberly...of which there are very little...and found no success. In the meantime, our hearts continued to grow heavy. We have been getting to know a great group of people, but our time thus far has been limited to two days a week, a few hours at a time, and we want to invest more and serve more in the community.

After a long talk with Caleb, we decided to go ahead and see if the door was open for us to move to Columbia during this coming summer. We love our friends in Moberly and where we live, and we know that if this is where God wants to keep us, He will. So, prayerfully, we have began looking around for jobs and apartments. Yesterday, we may have found an apartment, within our budget, great location, beautiful, enough space and with lots of little perks. As for jobs, I have been handed a lot of hopefuls of which I have applied. These are jobs that I'm either skilled in or incredibly interested in. So we'll see if any of them take me.

It's looking more and more like a move will happen for us this summer. With this comes all sorts of bittersweet emotions and a gratefulness that our friends here in Moberly are only 40minutes away. I still plan whole-heartedly on having many an adventure with Rachel and Lindsey. I'm going to miss our first "home" (I don't count the apartment we lived in for a month). This place has been good to us.

GOD has been GOOD to us. Even in our low times, quiet times, desperate times, he is still so good. We serve an amazing God, which, my friends, is what excites me most about this present and future...that it's Him we're serving and loving, no matter where he leads.

So that is where we are at at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment